Issue with user_option='PORG' in name standardization

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jaksani
Participant

Issue with user_option='PORG' in name standardization

Post by jaksani »

Hi,

Though I set user_option='PORG', it is returning nametype as 'I'.
For example take input pattern 'FF+'.

Please let me know if you know any reason.
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

How are you setting the user_option?

I ask because the literal that gets sent automatically when selecting the option from the Standardize stage is ZQPORGZQ. ZQPORGZQ RAY ROBERT JAKSANI returns the expected "O" in the Rules Tester
Regards,
Robert
jaksani
Participant

Post by jaksani »

Please ignore this
Last edited by jaksani on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
jaksani
Participant

Post by jaksani »

Just I have selected "Process all as organization", then it is automatically setting literal 'ZQPORGZQ' at the end of every name.

For Example: MARVIN JOSE JAKSANI ZQPORGZQ.
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Ah - that is the issue. Please use the 'move up' to place the literal before the data. The rule set expects the literal to be first.

Please let us know how you make out.
Regards,
Robert
jaksani
Participant

Post by jaksani »

It is working when I place literal first then Name.

When I set user_option='PIND' , I expect it to give all names as Individual type.
But It has returned Nametype as 'I' or NULL.
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

I think where you are getting confused is the "Process All As Individual" part.
It doesn't mean "give everything an I, no matter how ridiculous", it means "Attempt to parse it as an individual and not an organisation, regardless of what you find in there".

There are a number of routines for individual names and others for organisation names. The first step is to work out how it should treat the input. If it decides to treat like an individual, then it runs the routines for an individual. Likewise for organisation.

Without a directive, it looks at the tokens for some hint as to how it should treat the input. F, P, S, G point it towards processing as an individual. O, W point it towards organisation. Combinations of the 2 can be worked out as it gets a little more info. It also calls Common_Patterns (before the type-specific routines), which gets the common cases processed quickly. If it just can't work out what to do, then it will only call Common_Patterns.

Process Default as Individual or Process Default as Organisation means do the same checks as it normally does, then if it can't decide will treat it as per the directive. Also calls Common_Patterns first.

+ or ++ or +++ will be treated as an organisation unless you give a specific directive to either process or default to individual.

Process All as Individual or Process All as Organisation means don't do the normal checks. Just treat it how it's told. This doesn't call Common_Patterns.

After it works out how to treat the input and then calls the appropriate set of routines, it then gives the parsed name a name type independently of directives, based on 3 simple rules (first rule that qualifies takes precedence):

if Name Prefix != "" and not "Process All as Organisation"
Name Type = "I"

if First Name != "" and not "Process All as Organisation"
Name Type = "I"

if Primary Name != "" and not "Process All as Individual"
Name Type = "O"

It also does other stuff, but not to do with parsing and typing.

So Process All as Individual won't automatically give you an I. If it can't parse the text because the routines for individual don't accommodate it, then the type can't possibly be an I. Or in the case where you only end up with a Last Name, it can't tell which one it should be and leaves it untyped.

Hope this helps.
jaksani
Participant

Post by jaksani »

It is very helpful.
Thanks a lot!
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani