cass stage issue

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

pattemk
Participant

cass stage issue

Post by pattemk »

Hi,

My input has data such as 123 ABC WAY, When passed through CASS , cass could able to validate this address it got changed to 123 ABC BND, i tried to search in google and both address point to same location.

But there is an another record which cass could able to validate it but changed the address to a different location.
i have the input as 123 IH-35 S SVC RD STE SBE, AUSTIN TX and cass could able to validate this address to 123 interstate 35, AUSTIN ,TX. I tried to google it and found both are 2 miles apart.

Pleasae advice why cass changes the address(even for those those it could able to validate) how do i make sure cass do not change the address.

thanks
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Because with all automated validation tools that have to make educated guesses if the match is not exact, CASS is good but not perfect.
It has more information to work off than if you wrote a job that uses a Reference Match stage, but in the end it can't read the mind of the person who entered the data. There will always a small number of false positives and negatives with this sort of work.

It may be that the address you have an issue with has been too heavily abbreviated for CASS to understand: not sure.
Maybe there is too much extra information in there that is confusing CASS.
Presumably it is an actual address (I'm assuming it is: you sound confident)?
Is it very new (ie newer than the copy of and CASS reference files that you have installed)?

When you you say "cass could able to validate it but changed the address to a different location", do you know that actual address that this is supposed to refer to?
I tried to put "123 IH-35 S SVC RD STE SBE, AUSTIN TX" into Google Maps and it couldn't get me an exact match either.
I didn't get an exact match until I manually changed the input to "123 S I-35 frontage RD, AUSTIN TX". Is this the one you were expecting?

Either way, it shows you that these things aren't perfect, and for you to expect CASS to be able to correctly interpret every single possible value that you can throw at it is not terribly realistic.
pattemk
Participant

Post by pattemk »

Hi staurt, thanks for the prompt reply, 123 is just to give an example.

below is the exact address which changes changes it to the address which is 3 miles apart

9600 South IH-35 Svc Road SB Ste S 225
Austin, TX 78748

if you put the above address and process through cass, cass could able to validate this address to

"9600 S Interstate Highway 35
Austin, TX 78748"

which is 3 miles away from my original address. i was wondering if there is anything to let cass stop doing this any changes to settings. such i have seen in one post to put maximum runtime ..to 10000 when using cass stage in IRD(or something similar to this) job. i still do not know what is that value and how to do that.

please advice.

[quote="stuartjvnorton"]Because with all automated validation tools that have to make educated guesses if the match is not exact, CASS is good but not perfect.
It has more information to work off than if you wrote a job that uses a Reference Match stage, but in the end it can't read the mind of the person who entered the data. There will always a small number of false positives and negatives with this sort of work.

It may be that the address you have an issue with has been too heavily abbreviated for CASS to understand: not sure.
Maybe there is too much extra information in there that is confusing CASS.
Presumably it is an actual address (I'm assuming it is: you sound confident)?
Is it very new (ie newer than the copy of and CASS reference files that you have installed)?

When you you say "cass could able to validate it but changed the address to a different location", do you know that actual address that this is supposed to refer to?
I tried to put "123 IH-35 S SVC RD STE SBE, AUSTIN TX" into Google Maps and it couldn't get me an exact match either.
I didn't get an exact match until I manually changed the input to "123 S I-35 frontage RD, AUSTIN TX". Is this the one you were expecting?

Either way, it shows you that these things aren't perfect, and for you to expect CASS to be able to correctly interpret every single possible value that you can throw at it is not terribly realistic.[/quote]