Output columns from Standardize Stage/QualityStage

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

wblack
Premium Member
Premium Member

Output columns from Standardize Stage/QualityStage

Post by wblack »

I'm trying to use QualityStage to read in multiple name columns and mix case strings. I have two input columns 'fname' and 'lname' read into a Standardize stage and after running through the QualityStage ruleset I have now three columns 'fname', 'lname', 'MIXCASE_STRING_mixcase_field'. I set the 'New Process'/ruleset to run against what appeared to be both columns. I'm wondering why then there is only one output field that the ruleset is being applied to. Is there a way to apply it to multiple columns where all fields are running against the ruleset?
William Black
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

You should be able to apply the rule set to multiple columns. However, each rule set expects specific input fields and return predefine Business Intelligence Fields, Matching fields and Reporting Fields that you should find in the dictionary file for the rule

In your case, looks like you are using USNAME rule set so open the rule to see what need to be feed and what will be returning. Basically pass lastname, firstname to the rule and you will get your data standardized
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
rjdickson
Participant

Re: Output columns from Standardize Stage/QualityStage

Post by rjdickson »

wblack wrote:I'm trying to use QualityStage to read in multiple name columns and mix case strings. I have two input columns 'fname' and 'lname' read into a Standardize stage and after running through the QualityStage ruleset I have now three columns 'fname', 'lname', 'MIXCASE_STRING_mixcase_field'. I set the 'New Process'/ruleset to run against what appeared to be both columns. I'm wondering why then there is only one output field that the ruleset is being applied to. Is there a way to apply it to multiple columns where all fields are running against the ruleset?
Can you give an example of the data in 'MIXCASE_STRING_mixcase_field' and how it would need to be standardized?
Regards,
Robert