Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kogads
Premium Member
Premium Member

Clarification regarding standatdization

Post by kogads »

Hello All,
I have a address field with value as 5500 parkmor rd calbasas 91301.But the correct address is 5500 parkmor rd calabasas 91302.Here both city name(calabasas) and zip(91302) are typo errors.Is quality stage smart enough to correct the city and zip?If so how can I do this in QS?

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

QualityStage does not "correct" anything. However, if there exists another record with the same address, then probablilistic matching can take the spelling/transposition errors into account when matching them to identify potential duplicates.

Address verification (for example CASS, or whatever it's called these days, from USPS and available through your QualityStage license at extra cost) allows you to determine correct addresses.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kogads
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kogads »

ray.wurlod wrote:QualityStage does not "correct" anything. However, if there exists another record with the same address, then probablilistic matching can take the spelling/transposition errors into account when matching them to identify potential duplicates.

Address verification (for example CASS, or whatever it's called these days, from USPS and available through your QualityStage license at extra cost) allows you to determine correct addresses.
Thanks Ray.