Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kkumardatastage
Participant

Match Designer

Post by kkumardatastage »

Hi

i got one issue with my Match Designer,
i created 4 passes and i tested all passes, Test been complited but i got one error, Following is the error in Match Designer and I could not see the Result and Statistics for any of the Passes are inactive. Please can any one help me in this issue.

Error1:

Error formatting result table query: [DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist(-2147217865)

Error2

Error running osh: Out of string space(14)

Thanks
k
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Is your results database for the Match Designer configured correctly?
kkumardatastage
Participant

HI

Thanks for your reply, The database Test connection is good and the Configuration file i used to test the Match designer is default & 1 node CF both are working good and the Test been complited but I could not see the Result and Statistics for any of the Passes with same error's. please can any one help me in this issue.

Thanks
k
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Kumar,

I guess Lstsaur mean this:

IBM DB2 database

Set Default Buffer Pool and Table Space Page Size to 32K.
Set Code Set to UTF-8.

Oracle database

Set Character Set for the data being processed. For example, use
WE8ISO8859P1 for English and for Western European languages.
Set National Character Set to UTF-8.

Microsoft SQL Server database
No special settings are required.

Which ODBC driver are you using in your client? That could be another factor.. but this one come with the installation package ...

Are you able to see the Histogram?
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
kkumardatastage
Participant

Hi

I got one question for you in match designer i am using two Dataset as source to get the Match pairs, one dataset is used to Sample Information and other dataset is used for Frequency information(whcih is generated in previous job).
1) But my question is why do we need to use the Test Results database Table and the Test Connection. i.e ODBC Data Source Name, Please can any one explain me in detail.
2)what is the best Configuration File to take while using the Match Designer.i.e default or 1 node.

Thanks
k
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Kumar,

The Match Designer database is where the intermediate results from the match process are store ...and the tool used an ODBC connections to read/write to this database

While using the Match Designer the Configuration file should have only one node. The Match designer do not used the parallel framework to process the sample data set
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Whenever your are using the Match Designer, your pass test result is stored in a seperated database, don't get confused with DB for the repository. ODBC DSN in your client should be pointed to this seperated db.