QualityStage installation

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Elozm
Participant

QualityStage installation

Post by Elozm »

Hi,

I hope you can give me some light with this situation.

We have a DS installtion for 4 processors, now we want to install QS but its license is just for 2 processors then:

1) Is it possible to install only QS (on Information Server), without DS, in a separately machine?

2) If I install QS in the same DS server, will be there issues with the number of processors licensed for every tool?

Thanks in advanced for your answers and time.
Elozm
Participant

Re: QualityStage installation

Post by Elozm »

Hello!

Anybody has any idea about the questions posted?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can license QualityStage alone. It shares the same Designer and engine with DataStage, but you will not be able to access some of the DataStage functionality.

You can install QualityStage co-resident with DataStage even though their license counts differ. The licensing model is actually based on PVUs (processor value units). At worst you may get alerts about having more CPUs than you are licensed for, but that will not prevent execution. Execution should only use the number of CPUs (cores) indicated by your license.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Elozm
Participant

Post by Elozm »

Hi Ray,

Your comments enlightment a lot. We are going to proceed with the installation separately. Then I can put this post as resolved.

Thanks a lot for your help.