Simulation of QS with MDM for real time not working for Addr

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

divstands
Participant

Simulation of QS with MDM for real time not working for Addr

Post by divstands »

I am trying to integrate IIS with MDM server. The purpose is to standardize the address in the QS and simulate it with MDM Server in real time.
For the same, I am using the MDMQS project( the sample project which comes along with IIS for real-time simulation).
In MDMQS, the jobs structure was :
MDMQS  MDMQS  Jobs  ISD  ISD_MDM_QS_Address_Standardization

MDMQS  MDMQS  Jobs  ISD  ISD_MDM_QS_Phone_Standardization

MDMQS  MDMQS  Jobs  ISD  ISD_MDM_QS_Person_Standardization

MDMQS  MDMQS  Shared Containers  MDMQSAddressStandardization

MDMQS  MDMQS  Shared Containers  MDMQSPhoneStandardization

MDMQS  MDMQS  Shared Containers  MDMQSPersonStandardization

The container MDMQSAddressStandardization was placed in the ISD job ISD_MDM_QS_Address_Standardization. For my requirement I modified the system as:
1. Shared Containers: I create two containers:
a. MDMQSAddressStandardizationParallel (Job part 1)
b. MDMQSAddressStandardizationServer (Job part 2)
Which were Parallel and shared container types.

Then I placed the above containers in the ISD job ISD_MDM_QS_Address_Standardization which finally looked like:

WISD input  Shared Container(MDMQSAddressStandardizationParallel )  Shared Container(MDMQSAddressStandardizationServer )  WISD output

For testing the jobs inside the container I have tested them standalone. They work perfectly.
However, the simulation is not working. When I deploy the project and ask the MDM personnel to send an input request XML, the address standardization job is perhaps not being called. However, the Phone standardization is working perfectly. On which front could be the error- MDM or QS?
Is placing two containers in ISD_MDM_QS_Address_Standardization an issue?
Divya
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

If the Address Standardization is working fine as stand alone then take a look at MDM

MDM is highly parameterized application, ask the MDM guys to take a look if the address standardization process in MDM configuration is disable ( parameter QS_STAN_ADDRESS) or maybe MDM is expecting the original share container name ..
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

JRodriguez wrote:If the Address Standardization is working fine as stand alone then take a look at MDM

MDM is highly parameterized application, ask the MDM guys to take a look if the address standardization process in MDM configuration is disable ( parameter QS_STAN_ADDRESS) or maybe MDM is expecting the original share container name ..
Partial problem was with MDM only.
Since we were using the sample project MDMQS which came witht he enterprise Edition of IIS, for real time MDM-IIS simulation there is an xsd which was customized for US addresses which was in use.

So we mapped QS table definitons to the xsd(US data)( mentioned in MDMDevelopersGuide) which was further mapped to the MDM input xml.

With that we were able to at least get the log which informs that the job ISD_MDMQS_Address_Standardization is being reached at.

But yet, the output xml does not provide the standardized data as per the QS standardization, at times gives wierd results based on some of its own logic.

One observation: In the actaul smaple project MDMQS, the job ISD_MDMQS_Address_Standardization gives the output which includes data elements which are internal to the standardize stage(with US/Canada rulesets) and which , i suppose are not required for the output xml object.

Is there a possibility of some internal processing being done with the above non-required data?
Divya
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

Which table exactly conatin the field QS_STAN_ADDRESS?
Divya