Ruleset for standardinzing Mexican Ta Payer ID/ IFE/ etc

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

divstands
Participant

Ruleset for standardinzing Mexican Ta Payer ID/ IFE/ etc

Post by divstands »

I want to know whether a ruleset exist for standardizing Mexican IFE/ RFC or CURP(counter part of US TAXID).

I tried searching on IBM site but am unable to find a link which gives the list of countries and the entities for which the rulesets exist.

Also, IBM personnel support is minimal, hence the query.
Divya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From where I sit, the answer is "almost certainly not" unless you can track down someone who has already built one. If IBM had one they probably would have shipped it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

ray.wurlod wrote:From where I sit, the answer is "almost certainly not" unless you can track down someone who has already built one. If IBM had one they probably would have shipped it. ...
hmm... true. Now: is there a possibility to make a rule for

'identifying a string characater by character, analyzing it and hence correcting'

for example ,

a TAX payer id 'FGHJK4543FDGF65' has to be validated against the pattern 'NNNNAAAANNNNAAANN'
where N=Number
A = alphabet
and the string length has to be 18(as shown above)

I understand that a ruleset works when it has separators (mostly they are spaces). But what about a ruleset for a single string.
Divya
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

DvStand,

Definitely you can develop a Rule Set to accomplish your requirement using Pattern Action Language. It work for any complex or single string. You would like to use operand substring, length, template -PICT allows test special format like your) ... among others. There are some example of how to use them in the Pattern Action Language Reference documentation that come with the product

I would suggest that you start with an existing Rule Set as a base for your development like USTAXID that validate US social Security Numbers
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

JRodriguez wrote:DvStand,

Definitely you can develop a Rule Set to accomplish your requirement using Pattern Action Language. It work for any complex or single string. You would like to use operand substring, length, template -PICT allows test special format like your) ... among others. There are some example of how to use them in the Pattern Action Language Reference documentation that come with the product

I would suggest that you start with an existing Rule Set as a base for your development like USTAXID that validate US social Security Numbers
yeah.. i saw that yesterday... am in process of building the same now
Divya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even an "all T" word investigation might be enough for this particular requirement.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

ray.wurlod wrote:Even an "all T" word investigation might be enough for this particular requirement. ...
But the number of patterns identified is 400 out of which only one is the correct pattern(defnitiely forming 90% of the data).

The remaining 10% (however small) id very important to be cleaned, specially for a financial organization like a bank. Hence, treating of the 399 incorrect patterns(10% data) calls for a ruleset standardization.
Divya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Fair comment. But "fix" may be difficult in all cases unless your rules are rigidly designed.