´Select´ Stage Error

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

DivStand,

Probably the missing records has been identified with another ISO country code .....different than MX

By the way the Select stage is previous to 8.x, and has been deprecated in version 8.x. You could use switch, transform or filter stages as a replacement

Using a transformer you could add another link/constraint to create a sequential file with the "missing records" ....
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

JRodriguez wrote:DivStand,

Probably the missing records has been identified with another ISO country code .....different than MX

By the way the Select stage is previous to 8.x, and has been deprecated in version 8.x. You could use switch, transform or filter stages as a replacement

Using a transformer you could add another link/constraint to create a sequential file with the "missing records" ....
Oh yeah it is a filter stage only. Sorry my mistake.
But my question is why are those records being identified with another ISO country code.
May be an odd question here but what would happen if do not use a Standardize(Country.set)-> Filter(ISOCountryCode_COUNTRY="MX" )

before standardizing the addresses for the job as explained above.
Additional Info: It is a Mexican Client, hence, only MExican data is present in the downstream sources.
Divya
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

divstands wrote:before standardizing the addresses for the job as explained above.
Additional Info: It is a Mexican Client, hence, only MExican data is present in the downstream sources.
That sounds like quite an assumption you're making there.
Check the records that have been excluded to make sure.
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

stuartjvnorton wrote:
divstands wrote:before standardizing the addresses for the job as explained above.
Divya
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

stuartjvnorton wrote:
Also, alternately i tried to set the property Out Rejects = True ( for Select stage) but how do i change the properties so as to tell the QS that a seq file, say XYZ, is the file for the rejects out of Select stage.
Divya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

By placing a Sequential File stage with appropriately-set File property on the other end of the reject-handling output link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

Not able to figure out how to create the "reject handling output link" yet, but

when i removed the postal code and kept the inputs limited to :
Address Line 1(Basic)
City
State

Only, then all the records passed through the filter
Divya
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

divstands wrote:Not able to figure out how to create the "reject handling output link" yet, but

when i removed the postal code and kept the inputs limited to :
Address Line 1(Basic)
City
State

Only, then all the records passed through the filter
Sounds like you've got some null values in the post code field.
Configure the sequential file output stage to handle those and you should be fine.

As for creating the reject link, drop a 2nd output file onto the designer, create a link from the stage to the output file as you normally would, and then right-click on the link and change its type to Reject.
Then in the stage, go to the link ordering tab and make sure that it was updated properly.