Usage of Quality Stage if data is already classified

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

divstands
Participant

Usage of Quality Stage if data is already classified

Post by divstands »

1. If we are not using Quality Stage for matching,
2. and the Address Data of the Customer is already well organized into different fields like Street, External Number, Interior Number, Colony, City, State , etc( where the data for one field say street will not be mis-placed in another field, say, external number/Colony)
3. and the client requirement is to see all the data together as one single address line

Do we really need intervention of Quality Stage in between DataStage and Customer Data Integration Hub?
If yes, what are the features of QualityStage which can be utilized yet?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Consolidating all available information about the one customer into a single "best of breed" customer record is what QualityStage is about, but of course that implies that you do some form of matching between potentially duplicate customer records.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

But we are not utilizing matching for the current assignment... and this is where my question comes
ray.wurlod wrote:Consolidating all available information about the one customer into a single "best of breed" customer record is what QualityStage is about, but of course that implies that you do some form of matching ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If all you are talking about is assembling a 'full' address line from the various (clean/validated) parts then no, you certainly don't need QualityStage just for that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

But if you are assembling name and address data from multiple records the only matching you can do without QualityStage is exact matching. This may miss some probable duplicates.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
divstands
Participant

Post by divstands »

yeah Ray

I agree with you. But certain unavoidable managerial stuff dont allow me to use matching!
ray.wurlod wrote:But if you are assembling name and address data from multiple records the only matching you can do without QualityStage is exact matching. This may miss some probable duplicates. ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Resist stupid requirements!
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

divstands wrote:yeah Ray

I agree with you. But certain unavoidable managerial stuff dont allow me to use matching!
ray.wurlod wrote:But if you are assembling name and address data from multiple records the only matching you can do without QualityStage is exact matching. This may miss some probable duplicates. ...
Do a bit of QS matching and show them how it would do a better job. ;-)