ORCHESTRATE Data Set descriptor.

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

datastagenewbie
Participant

ORCHESTRATE Data Set descriptor.

Post by datastagenewbie »

What is an ORCHESTRATE Data Set descriptor?

I am trying to create a match specification and the sample data sets that I have which are in csv format don't work because the file is not an ORCHESTRATE Data Set descriptor.

And what is Websphere DataStage PX dataset format ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Orchestrate is the name associated with the parallel execution engine that Ascential acquired when they bought Torrent Systems. Initially Ascential called this product the "parallel extender" for DataStage, which is the source of the "PX" - this nomenclature is now obsolete; it was a decision made by marketing folk who did not realize that it was a totally separate engine from the traditional DataStage engine, not an extension to it.

This environment works with operators that can only use Data Sets (parallel structures) as their input and output. Therefore you need to use virtual or physical Data Sets in your design. A Sequential File stage that reads the CSV file will generate as its output a virtual Data Set. You can not specify a CSV file as the input to any of the QualityStage stages if you want to execute in parallel mode.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.