standardization

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vasubabu
Participant

standardization

Post by vasubabu »

Hi,

I have developed standardization job in Quality stage and implemented that job in Datastage.

job is running fine. but it is processing only 5 rows per second.

Could any one help me to improve the performance.

Job is to standardize a name.

Thanks,
Vasu
VASU..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't wave magic wands. With no idea about what your job design does and how it does it, it's impossible to suggest anything.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vinnz
Participant

Post by vinnz »

Vasu,
Please include details about rulesets used, amount of data being processed and if you get the same poor performance when you run the demo jobs that come with QS.
vasubabu
Participant

Post by vasubabu »

Input file is having 53 columns. Total number of records in the input file is 8435.

Standardization is done for a single column (Name) using AUNAME ruleset.

In datastage this job is processing only 5 rows per second.

Please help me to improve the performance.

Thanks in advance.
VASU..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How wide are the records (not 53 columns, but how many bytes)? What else is happening on the system at the same time? How much elapsed time (and rows/sec if you must) does the Standardization stage report in the Monitor? What is the total volume of data processed? Please describe the entire job - the bottleneck may be elsewhere.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Can you please provide me some documents or manual on how to use qualtiy stages with examples.
i have the pdf's from IBM which doesnt give me a good understanding.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. Any such documents I may have produced are restricted by non-disclosure agreements with the clients for whom I produced them. I think you will find this to be universal among consultants.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Okay thanks Ray,

I was just hoping that i will get some information from your side.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Nagaraj wrote:Can you please provide me some documents or manual on how to use qualtiy stages with examples.
i have the pdf's from IBM which doesnt give me a good understanding.
There isn IBM Redbook that has a couple of examples that are investigated in exhaustive fashion:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247546.html

Not much good for learning the in's and out's of every switch or flag (which I am still hoping to find somewhere), but good if you want some meaty walk-throughs of QS.

All that said: without the software to use, this won't help a lot. There is no easy way to really understand a product like this. You just have to use it.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Thanks i read this PDF and got more confused thats why was asking some user documentation.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Thanks i read this PDF and got more confused thats why was asking some user documentation.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Nagaraj wrote:Thanks i read this PDF and got more confused thats why was asking some user documentation.
Try the standard IBM QS tutorial: it's a good start to understanding QS and what most people here would have done at some point. If you have specific questions, ask and people will answer if they can.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Nagaraj wrote:Thanks i read this PDF and got more confused thats why was asking some user documentation.
Try the standard IBM QS tutorial: it's a good start to understanding QS and what most people here would have done at some point. If you have specific questions, ask and people will answer if they can.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Thanks for the information...where i can find the QS material, the pdf which comes with the product.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Nagaraj wrote:Thanks for the information...where i can find the QS material, the pdf which comes with the product.
Asked and answered