Disagreement weights not "working"

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sportclimber
Charter Member
Charter Member

Disagreement weights not "working"

Post by sportclimber »

I cannot seem to make disagreement weights work. Is anyone else having this trouble?

Here's the situation: I'm using a specific data set with some fields that agree and others that disagree. If I change the agreement weight, AW (add or replace), then I can see the aggregate weight for the row change just fine. However, no matter what value I put in the disagreement weight, DW (add or replace), there is no change in my aggregate weight. I've tried positive and negative weights, and I've tried add and replace.

I know that QualityStage is seeing the fields as disagreeing, because I can use the VarType option and set the disagreeing field to CRITICAL and it will automatically put the rows that disagree into the residual file as expected. However, I would really like to just change the weight when certain fields disagree, rather than completely removing them from the matching pool.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this one.
sportclimber
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by sportclimber »

Additional information: This is only when using both agreement and disagreement weights, and applies to any multiple override weights. It appears that the first override weight is the only one applied.

This is contradictory to the manual which seems to indicate that you can apply more than one type of override weight.