QualityStage Integration with PostalSoft/FirstLogic

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

prabhudatta
Participant

QualityStage Integration with PostalSoft/FirstLogic

Post by prabhudatta »

HI ,
I want to Know How we can Integrate PostalSoft ( FirstLogic ) with QualityStage ? Is there a way to call Third party Software like PostalSoft from QualityStage ?

We are using PostalSoft 7.60c for Address standardization. Currently we are using C programs to call PostalSoft Routines. I want to know is there a way to use postalsoft via ETL tools like datastage or QualityStage ?

Thanks
emeri1md
Participant

Post by emeri1md »

Since you are using version 8, you have access to all of the DataStage components as well. There is a way to call C routines through one such stage. This is one of the more advanced topics, and was barely covered in the advaced DS class.

I would check out the documentation that comes with DS to see what this is all about. Then you might want to bring in an IBM resource that has experience with this sort of thing.

Good luck.
prabhudatta
Participant

postalsoft & qualityStage

Post by prabhudatta »

emeri1md wrote:Since you are using version 8, you have access to all of the DataStage components as well. There is a way to call C routines through one such stage. This is one of the more advanced topics, and was barely covered in the advaced DS class.

I would check out the documentation that comes with DS to see what this is all about. Then you might want to bring in an IBM resource that has experience with this sort of thing.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information.
Can you please provide me little more details on this.
It would be gr8 if you can provide me some document links.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have a look for the custom routine tutorials in 40 DataStage Learning, Tutorial and Certification Online Resources. You can call a custom routine from in a DataStage Transformer where you pass it in some values and receive values in return. It might be too difficult if PostalSoft breaks down the address to the atomic level as that's an awful lot of fields to get back again.

QualityStage doesn't really integrate with tools it competes against - you can buy QualityStage CASS, SERP and DPID postal address verification modules as well as use the out of the box address standardization modules. If you want to replace PostalSoft you should hit IBM up for a massive discount on licensing to displace a competitor.

FirstLogic from memory was acquired by Business Objects so arguably you should be using Business Objects Data Integration Services but don't tell IBM I told you so. I'm really not sure what the product/upgrade path became for PostalSoft after the acquisition.