rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

Handling Name with spl characters

Post by rajan.n »

Hi All,

( I am very new to QualityStage )

Here I got a requirement :
The names are included with Mr. or Dr. and some of the names have the ending part as (Sp?) ( I dont know what this means but this need to be get removed )

For example : Ray Biactin (sp?)
: Ray (sp?)
: Mr. Ray Biactin
I need the first and last name to be seperated , in the second case Ray(sp?) only Ray need to be included.
I was trying to use Standerdize stage. Can any one sujjest how to resolve this.

Thanks Much in advance,
Rajan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What does Word Investigation tell you this string generates as a pattern? Add a pattern override to discard the "(sp?)" piece.

The string "(sp?)" conventionally means "spelling doubtful".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajan.n »

Hi Ray , Thanx for the reply.

I see that i need to override by using the following code
"OVERRIDE_D Lookup_Value @Table_Name Return_Code [ CLASS | VALUE ] "

can you please let me know indetail please (steps) , and where to create the table and do i have to use the investigate stage ?

Which document will help me to know the clear process so that i can look into some examples.

Thanks again Ray.

Rajan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't have to script anything - use QualityStage designer to design your input pattern override.

You don't have to investigate - this step would, however, allow you to see what other patterns or text strings are in need of work. Typically you would, however, investigate the results of a standardization, especially the unhandled pattern field (C mask), adding X mask on unhandled data, original data fields, etc so that these too appear in the report, and increase the number of samples (examples) for each case to, say, five.

There is really only one manual you need, the QualityStage User Guide.

Don't start trying to use Pattern Action Language until you have had some experience with using the product "out of the box".
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajan.n »

Ray ,

I learnt that i need to use the standardise stage and with the multiple outputs which i get , i need to select the one or two coloums which are qualifying my requirement. Please correct me if am wrong.

regarding the mask C , or X - when am using the standardise stage where can i perform this on the unhandled data ? ( I see the unhandled data /pattern colums generated by the standardise stage- i could not find the C,T,X masking options in standardise stage)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to run a Character Concatenate investigation on the unhandled pattern (C-mask), unhandled data (X-mask) and anything else you think would assist (X-mask). You do this after the standardization has been run.
rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajan.n »

Thanks Ray,

Can you please clear me how this C-Mask and X-Mask will help me , with what stages and what all the stages I need to use here ?

Thanks again.

Rajan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Investigate stage processing the output file from the Standardize stage.
C-mask gets the field analyzed (investigated) and included in the report.
X-mask gets the field included in the report without being analyzed.