ODBC connectivity in Match Specification (AIX server)

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vairus
Participant

ODBC connectivity in Match Specification (AIX server)

Post by vairus »

Hi guys,

Our server reside in AIX and we accesing client in windows.

in match specification while testing ODBC connectivity, i could only see the DSN created in my local machine . i couln't see the DSN created for db2 database in AIX machine .

How to get that DSN?

thanks in Advance guys
vairamuthu
Ron9121
Participant

Post by Ron9121 »

I have the same problem. I was trying to emulate the Quality Stage class lab and ran into this same problem. I put the DSN on the server's ODBC and put an exact duplicate definition on my client's ODBC. It passed the connectivity test and performed the "update" button. But when I did the Test All Passes it failed. I filed an issue with IBM support and they gave me this answer:

"Unfortunately, it's going to take some "magic" from your DBA. If you'll look at the architecture of the products, the server is doing to actual work but when you go thru the motions you went thru to create the tables in the QSDB, it was your workstation, but you already know that. Your DBA should be able to "synch" the permissions properly for your workstation and server to access those tables. Please advise. Thanks."

FOLLOWED BY THIS EMAIL FROM SUPPORT:

"The "fix", I believe, is to have the owner of the table grant a role to all who need to access the QSDB table(s). The role has to include create (obviously) as well as select and write access. That's the "magic" I was refering to. DBA magic."

I am in the process of testing this suggestion, but I think this is bad. How many IBM customers are using the Data Stage client on Windows? I would have to imagine probably 90% - and this is the suggestion?

Anyone run into this issue? What was your solution?
Thanks,
Ron
vairus
Participant

Post by vairus »

hi,

yeah normally your qualitystage will pick the DSN from your windows workstation. you have to create a local dsn which refer to your AIX box database and use that dsn in matching.

better dont run matching job. after you update the matching , run the undup job .

undup will fetch match spec info and it will pull out result from standardization and frequency files.

regards
vairus
vairamuthu
vairus
Participant

Post by vairus »

hi,

yeah normally your qualitystage will pick the DSN from your windows workstation. you have to create a local dsn which refer to your AIX box database and use that dsn in matching.

better dont run matching job. after you update the matching , run the undup job .

undup will fetch match spec info and it will pull out result from standardization and frequency files.It will be quiet faster too.

regards
vairus
vairamuthu