osh is unavailable. Please install or configure

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DStage_Developer
Participant

osh is unavailable. Please install or configure

Post by DStage_Developer »

I modified a standardization QStage job. Added two extra columns to be o. When I run the QS job it runs as expected. However, when I run the sequencer that calls the QStage job. I get the error below. The sequencer didn't change but I recompiled it just in case.

Sqnc1DailyHHStgExt..JobControl (@QS_STANALL): Executed: /edw/di/ext/Edw1Dev/script/ExQsJobs HHDAILY STANALL
Reply=0
Output from command ====>
stty: tcgetattr: A specified file does not support the ioctl system call.
ERROR: osh is unavailable. Please install or configure

Op Failed osh (1)
/edw/di/proj/Edw1Dev
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is PXEngine visible to (copied to or mounted on) all nodes mentioned in your configuration file?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DStage_Developer
Participant

ray.wurlod wrote:Is PXEngine visible to (copied to or mounted on) all nodes mentioned in your configuration file? ...
Sorry guys, I'm new to QS. How do I check?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

osh (Orchestrate shell) is the underlying architecture required for parallel execution. It lives in a directory called something like /.../DataStage/PXEngine/bin
Its parent directory must be visible on all machines mentioned in the configuration file. The configuration file's pathname is specified by the environment variable APT_CONFIG_FILE.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DStage_Developer
Participant

ray.wurlod wrote:osh (Orchestrate shell) is the underlying architecture required for parallel execution. It lives in a directory called something like /.../DataStage/PXEngine/bin
Its parent directory must be visible ...
I checked it and the bin directory is visible

/edw/di/home/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine] $ ls -ltr
drwxr-xr-x 2 dsadm dstage 4096 May 01 2006 bin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On all nodes (fastnames) mentioned in your configuration file?
DStage_Developer
Participant

More information. I deployed the QS job in File Mode. After talking with the contractor who wrote the application. I should've deployed the job in Parallel Extender mode. Once I re-deployed it in, Parallel mode, I still received the error. I've narrowed it down to the QS job because I ran a Dstage job on the same box and didn't get the osh error.
DStage_Developer
Participant

ray.wurlod wrote:On all nodes (fastnames) mentioned in your configuration file? ...
Yes on all nodes