QS Stages showing with Plug in icons

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That can occur simply by having too much demand for memory on the client machine (close some windows). Or it may be that the graphical components for the QualityStage stages have not been installed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tscala
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tscala »

Check your license file (xml file) also- sometimes they will send an eval license file to get you up and running. Once the bills are paid, they will send another complete license file that will switch the additional components on once you update it through the Information Server Portal (Login=>Administration=>Domain Management=>Licensing=>Upload)
gmaradana
Participant

Post by gmaradana »

tscala wrote:Check your license file (xml file) also- sometimes they will send an eval license file to get you up and running. Once the bills are paid, they will send another complete license file that will switch the additional components on once you update it through the Information Server Portal (Login=>Administration=>Domain Management=>Licensing=>Upload)
Thank you for the reply.

The issue was identified to the license file.

Will the issue be corrected by uploading the correct license file through Informarion Server console.

I was told that I need to un-install and reintall all the components again with the new license. I am holding back on that.

Let me know.

Regards,

Giri
Giri Maradana
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I am surprised by this result. What is supposed to happen if you do not have QualityStage licensed is that the stage types for QualityStage functionality are entirely disabled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tscala
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tscala »

As per my support person at IBM, the QualityStage stages will become available once you upload the new license file- there is no need to re-install. However, I'm waiting on my own updated license file to fix this very issue so I can't say I've seen it happen. I've encountered other issues that cleared up with an updated license so I'm optimistic.

Also, I know for both Server and Enterprise 8.0 Editions, there is no separate component choice for QualityStage within the install process. When one elects to install the "Engine" layer, "WebSphere DataStage and QualityStage" is the product choice presented- they are not separate. So if you've installed the engine layer, you've installed QualityStage. My understanding is the functionality is simply dormant until a valid license is uploaded.
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

You won't need to re-install, just apply the new license.
The QS Stages are likely to be plugin icons rather than disabled if the palette has become confused, it does not always pick up the license change immediately. You can reset the palette from it's context menu.
gmaradana
Participant

Post by gmaradana »

deanwalker wrote:You won't need to re-install, just apply the new license.
The QS Stages are likely to be plugin icons rather than disabled if the palette has become confused, it does not always pick up the license change immediately. You can reset the palette from it's context menu.
Upload of correct License file through the IS console worked.

Now we have the Data Quality palette available and the Quality stages in old jobs are showing correct now.

Only in one job the standardization stages are still showing as plugin icons. But the stages are coming up okay. Need to test the job functionality.

Otherwise everything else is looking good.

Thank you all for your response. You saved me from all that uninstall and re-install work.

Regards,

Giri
Giri Maradana