Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Use of QualityStage

Post by dsscholar »

Hello,

I am new to Quality Stage, so please bear with me. I have a requirement where I have to compare the data to identify the disjoints between 2 diff systems. One system stores its data in DB2 tables and the other one stores the data in IMS. Basically both the sysems should have had the same data stored but some gaps were identified between them. So the scope of the project is identify all the gaps in the data stored in both the systems and rectify the gaps by applying transformations. Is there a way to achieve this through Quality Stage ?

I am not worried about the transformations as I have worked on datastage and I am pretty sure that we can handle almost any sort of transformations there. My worry is how to identify all the disjoints ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks !
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If there should be exact copies and anything is "disjoint" then QualityStage is probably not the right tool, DataStage is. If, on the other hand, you need to allow slight variation (for example dates being different by one or two days, letter transposition in words, and so on) to be considered a match, then QualityStage is the tool of choice.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.