QS v8 ruleset issue

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

stuartjvnorton
Participant

QS v8 ruleset issue

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hi all,

I've copied an existing ruleset and made some mods, including changing some of the fields in the DCT & PAT files.
Now I get this when I try to use it in a standardize stage:

STAN_Email__URL: When checking operator: The modify operator keeps field "EmailAddress_VEMAIL2" which is not present in the output interface.

The EmailAddress field is in the DCT file & is referred to in the PAT file and shows up in the output link of the standardize stage correctly.

I get no errors or warnings when I compile, but no matter how many times I verify that it's in the DCT and PAT files, or recheck or modify or recreate the standardise stage, running the job still gives this error.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Stuart.
boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boxtoby »

Have you tried recreating the target file?

QS uses the rule name as part of the column name, so if you are using file definitions based on the ruleset that you copied they will not match up to the rule set you are using now.

Hope this helps.
Bob Oxtoby
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

A quick note to those new to version 8 (myself included): if you make changes to a ruleset and they don't seem to get picked up after you save and close the ruleset dialog, select the ruleset objects in the repository explorer window, right-click and Provision All...

Worked like a charm where nothing else did.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're on an earlier version than 8, deploy any job that uses the rule set.

"Provision" is, to all intents and purposes, the new word for "deploy" - though it has to do somewhere else (the common repository for IIS) of course.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.