QualityStage 7.5 repository

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

wenfei.chen
Participant

QualityStage 7.5 repository

Post by wenfei.chen »

I am new to QualityStage. I installed QualityStage Server on Unix and QualityStage Designer on my desktop. When I ran QS designer, it created a access database as repository. I went through the documents, it seems that QS doesn't have a central repository on the Server side. I am wondering how can share the QS jobs with others and how to migrate the QS jobs to different environment. Any input will be very appreciated.
Thanks
What's the next?
wenfei.chen
Participant

Post by wenfei.chen »

I went through the whole forum and find the answer. QS is not a true c/s architeture. You got to do a export/import if you want to share the jobs with others or migrate to other environment. And version 8 fix this problem, works like DataStage.
What's the next?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a "repository" on the server. However it is not a database; it is the "project", and contains (primarily) text files. This stems from the fact that INTEGRITY (the forerunner of QualityStage) began life as a mainframe application.

That said, it is one way traffic. One develops on the client (QS Designer), storing designs and metadata in the Access database. Then one deploys them to the server. The repository is not designed for sharing, as you note.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.