Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quality Stage Stages not visible/selectable in new projects

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi,
I am a QualityStage newbie. Recently got access to a Version 8.0 Windows server and tried to work out the "Quality Stage Tutorial" exercises. When I start the Datastage & Quality Stage Designer Client, it starts without any problems. However, after creating a blank Parallel Project, I don't see the "Data Quality" folder in the Palette. I did a "Quick Find" and found the "Stage Types\Parallel\Data Quality" branch in Repository. But I was not able to bring any of the "QualityStage" stages to the canvas.

Am I missing any additional setting on the Client or Server side? At this time, my client and server are on the same box.

I imported the QualityStage tutorial project and it opened successfully. I am able to compile it also, without any errors.

Thanks in advance for your time and input,
V
-V
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have you created a new Server job by accident? QualityStage stages can only be added to Parallel jobs, not Server jobs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have QualityStage licensed?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

vmcburney wrote:Have you created a new Server job by accident?
Hi vmcburney,
I am very sure that I created a Parallel Job when trying the QualityStage job.

ray.wurlod wrote:Do you have QualityStage licensed?
Hi Ray,
I have requested my DS Admin to confirm this once again.
The "Program Item" is labelled "Datastage and QualityStage Designer".
When I import the Tutorial Job, it loads, compiles and executes without any issues. Would that be possible without having a valid license?

I should get a response from our Admin team in the next hour or so (they are in a different timezone)

Thanks for your time,
-V
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes it's possible. The Designer carries the same title whether you run DataStage only, QualityStage only, or both. Licensing affects which stages you can use.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by VCInDSX »

ray.wurlod wrote:Yes it's possible. The Designer carries the same title whether you run DataStage only, QualityStage only, or both. Licensing affects which stages you can use.
Ray,
You were correct. I just learned that the license is not available for QualityStage.

Thanks for your time and help,
-V