Field not found: MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

val
Participant

Field not found: MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS

Post by val »

I'm working through the QualityStage tutorial, and got a fatal error at the end of Lesson 3.3. In this lesson, we're using Standardization Rules and Match Specifications to find duplicates.

When I run the job, I get the following error and the job aborts right away:

Code: Select all

main_program: Fatal Error: Field not found: MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS
The error message doesn't indicate which stage failed, but it's the first thing that appears in the log after

main_program: orchgeneral: loaded

I can't find any help on this, but I noticed a couple of things:

The Standardization Rules I select all have a suffix at the end: _USNAME, _USAREA, etc. I didn't build these rules myself; they're part of the DS installation, and I simply selected them as instructed. In the stage metadata, the rule in the error actually appears as

MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS_USNAME
So, the job is using a field named "MatchFirstNameNYSIIS_USNAME", but somewhere it doesn't like the suffix. Can anyone tell me how to fix this error, or just tell me a bit about the mechanics -- what's going on, and why might the program trip on the suffix?

Thanks!

- Val
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think your best course is to take a class.

There is a standard dictionary for the output of a Standardization task. This is why you apparently don't find it in the data file definitions. But, if you have a file dictionary called something like STANOUT, this should contain the firld names. Also, you can find it in the QualityStage manuals (or in the back of the notes for the training class). It is here that the "business metadata" fields, such as NYSIIS of Primary Word 1, are defined.

I've not worked with version 8.0, but agree that it seems unusual that the rule set name is appended to the field definition. Earlier than verion 8.0 the actual field names conform to mainframe naming rules (maximum of eight characters), so that the actual field name is N1USNAM for the field to which you apparently are referring.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tomchen1000
Participant

Re: Field not found: MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS

Post by tomchen1000 »

Hi Val,

This is because the standardization output the MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS_USNAME as column name, however the NameAndAddress match spec use MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS.

You might need to manully edit the output column definiton to remove the _USXXXX suffix.

val wrote:I'm working through the QualityStage tutorial, and got a fatal error at the end of Lesson 3.3. In this lesson, we're using Standardization Rules and Match Specifications to find duplicates.

When I run the job, I get the following error and the job aborts right away:

main_program: Fatal Error: Field not found: MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS
The error message doesn't indicate which stage failed, but it's the first thing that appears in the log after

main_program: orchgeneral: loaded

I can't find any help on this, but I noticed a couple of things:

The Standardization Rules I select all have a suffix at the end: _USNAME, _USAREA, etc. I didn't build these rules myself; they're part of the DS installation, and I simply selected them as instructed. In the stage metadata, the rule in the error actually appears as

MatchPrimaryWord1NYSIIS_USNAME
So, the job is using a field named "MatchFirstNameNYSIIS_USNAME", but somewhere it doesn't like the suffix. Can anyone tell me how to fix this error, or just tell me a bit about the mechanics -- what's going on, and why might the program trip on the suffix?

Thanks!

- Val