Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

OS Plug-in enquiry?

Post by gsym »

Hi

When i run match stage using plug-in in datastage, we can define the input columns, but the output columns will have extra 4 colums right (weight, type.....) will this be in the output of OS plug-in, that is if my output of QS plug-in is pointed to sqential file, will these records along with addional information will be written to this sequential file?

Regards,

gsym
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, provided that the link has metadata defined for them. (It's not necessarily four columns, and they're not necessarily at the end - I tend to have them at the start - it depends how you build your match output within QualityStage.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

hi ray

But the metadata is generated by the QS and information is put into by the process, i am taking about TYPE, WGt, RECUN etc. these are created by the QS itself right?. this metadata has to be predefined in the output link?

Regards,

Moahn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can create metadata in the table definition in Manager (or Repository view from Designer) to accommodate these columns.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

hey thanks for helping... I tried a different approach. I combined both the files and sent them using one oracle input and splited to two flat files using split stage and then did geomatch
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nice one. :D