Installing QualityStage plug-in in DataStage

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

aaikat
Participant

Installing QualityStage plug-in in DataStage

Post by aaikat »

I am new to both DataStage & Qualitystage.

I have ran DataStage Package Installer for QualityStage.The installer ran fine and did not give any error.Now when I open DataStage Designer ( for designing a server job) I dont find any 'QualityStage' stage in Processing Palette.

Please advise me how to get 'QualityStage' stage there.
shareeman
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by shareeman »

Aaikat,
Browse through the articles posted in the QS forum and you will find what you are looking for, in short, however, the QS server cd should contain a Zip file that contains the QS Plugin for DataStage, you need to unzip and install to appropriate DS projects on the Server. You should then be able to view the QS Plugins from within DataStage.

Buena Suerte!
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Aaikat,
Go check the log file. You will see the true results of your installation. You will find something like the following:
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\irtc_uenu.dll) Error Code=-2
aaikat
Participant

Post by aaikat »

I am now able to install QS plug-in in DS.But the problem I am facing is when I edit the QualityStage stage in DS,then in 'Stage' tab, I dont find any 'Server','Job' tab (have 'General','NLS' only).But without those tabs I wont be able to map the stage to a QS job.

I have my QS,DS client,server installed in local workstation and I have deployed jobs in QS.

Please help.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Aaikat,
Under the QS Stage, you should have two tabs, General and Properties. Then under the Properties tab you will see the Server Mode, Server Host, Server Port, and Server Type etc. information.
What's the version of your QS Plug-in?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you connected links to the stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.